- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Servings: 1 to 8
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- •15 Freestone plums, pitted
- •1 1/2 pounds boiled white potatoes (24 ounces)
- •1 tablespoons salt
- •2 eggs, beaten
- •2 cups white flour
- •SUGAR MIX: MIX AND SET ASIDE
- •1/2 cup sugar
- •1 tsp cinnamon
- •1/2 cup butter, sweet
- •1 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 2.Peel, grate or rice boiled potatoes.
- 3.Add eggs and salt, mix well.
- 4.Sift in flour and work into potato dough.
- 5.Roll on floured board to 1/2 inch thickness.
- 6.Cut into squares 2 by 2 inches.
- 7.Dough will be very soft.
- 8.Place a square in palm of hand and place a plum in center and add a spoonful of sugar mix into cavity of plum.
- 9.Roll dough around securely, making it into a ball.
- 10.Boil in boiling salted water (salted important) in a LARGE POT.
- 11.Drop one by one into the pot
- 12.Boil 10 minutes or until it rises to the top.
- 13.Drain well.
- 14.Fry the topping by melting the butter and add crumbs and brown a little until golden.
- 15.DROP dumplings into the fry pan with the topping mix and coat.
- 16.Serve immediately.
- 17.Serve with dallop of sour cream and som extra sugar on top.
- 18.This is excellent
NotesIn fall this is my favorite dish. I get tired of meat all the time. I make this in the fall or when freeston plums are in season. I grew up with this and passed it down to my kids. This could be a dessert. This is kind of a heavy meal. It is made from potato dough. I usually serve soup before we eat this. I serve this with sour cream and extra sugar ...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Gluten-Free and DeliciousSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More