- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Servings: 1 to 8
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- •15 Freestone plums, pitted
- •1 1/2 pounds boiled white potatoes (24 ounces)
- •1 tablespoons salt
- •2 eggs, beaten
- •2 cups white flour
- •SUGAR MIX: MIX AND SET ASIDE
- •1/2 cup sugar
- •1 tsp cinnamon
- •1/2 cup butter, sweet
- •1 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 2.Peel, grate or rice boiled potatoes.
- 3.Add eggs and salt, mix well.
- 4.Sift in flour and work into potato dough.
- 5.Roll on floured board to 1/2 inch thickness.
- 6.Cut into squares 2 by 2 inches.
- 7.Dough will be very soft.
- 8.Place a square in palm of hand and place a plum in center and add a spoonful of sugar mix into cavity of plum.
- 9.Roll dough around securely, making it into a ball.
- 10.Boil in boiling salted water (salted important) in a LARGE POT.
- 11.Drop one by one into the pot
- 12.Boil 10 minutes or until it rises to the top.
- 13.Drain well.
- 14.Fry the topping by melting the butter and add crumbs and brown a little until golden.
- 15.DROP dumplings into the fry pan with the topping mix and coat.
- 16.Serve immediately.
- 17.Serve with dallop of sour cream and som extra sugar on top.
- 18.This is excellent
NotesIn fall this is my favorite dish. I get tired of meat all the time. I make this in the fall or when freeston plums are in season. I grew up with this and passed it down to my kids. This could be a dessert. This is kind of a heavy meal. It is made from potato dough. I usually serve soup before we eat this. I serve this with sour cream and extra sugar ...
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
My Mom's Stuffing (My preacher recipe)
Hot Italian 'Krash' StackSee More