Hungarian Beef Goulash
Why I Love This Recipe
Additional serving suggestions: I have also made this as "Hungarian Beef Stew-Lash" by making up a batch of this Goulash, and mixing in two cans of a Tomatoes, Okra, and Corn mix, with water, and a beef bouillon cube!
A recipe I made my own by substitutions and adding in additional ingredients.
Ingredients You'll Need
1 lb Beef Stew Meat, trimmed and cubed
2 tsp Dry Parsley Flakes
1 tsp Dry Caraway Seed
1 1/2-2 Tbsp Paprika
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
3 tsp Minced Garlic
1 (14oz) can Diced Tomatoes
3 Beef Bouillon Cubes + 1 1/2c Water OR 1 (14oz) can Beef Broth
1 tsp Crushed Bay Leaf (or substitute 1 Bay Leaf, but remove after cooking)
1 Tbsp Cornstarch + 2 Tbsp Water
1) Place beef in as small as a 4 quart slow-cooker.
2) In a small bowl or ramekin, combine Dry Seasonings. Sprinkle seasonings over beef; toss to coat.
3) Then, top seasoned meat with onions and bell pepper.
4) For Broth: In a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat, combine tomatoes, broth, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic. When tomato mixture comes to a boil, remove from heat.
5) Pour hot tomato mixture over beef in slow-cooker. Sprinkle with Bay leaf.
6) Cover and cook until tender on High 4-41/2 hours OR Low 7-71/2 hours.
7) Skim off any visible fat. Then, add cornstarch and water mixture. Cook on High, 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until there is a slight thickening of the broth.
Serve over Egg Noodles or Potato Gnnochi, *sprinkled with Parsley.