- Cooking Time: 300–360
- Servings: 4–6
- Preparation Time: 25
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 rounded tbsp Hungarian paprika
- 1 lb stew beef, cut into ¾ inch cubes
- ¼–½ cup beef stock
- Salt to taste
- In large frying pan, heat oil then sauté onions to light brown over medium heat.
- Add green pepper, tomato, and sauté 10 minutes.
- Add a little water to avoid burning.
- Turn heat to low, add paprika, beef and ¼ cup beef stock.
- Cook for 1–2 hours, stirring frequently until beef is tender, adding beef stock as needed to make a sauce.
- You can also use a slow cooker instead of the stove.
- Cook 4 hours on low in slow cooker.
- Best prepared a day before serving.
- Serve over noodles.
- Chicken can be substituted for the beef.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Taste of CenturyLinkSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More