HUNGARIAN GOULASH - KINDA
Hungarian Goulash - Kinda
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoons paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp caraway seed
- 1/2 tsp pepper (pr to taste)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cups frozen mixed veggies
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained plus a little water to rinse out the rest of the tomato stuff
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Cook beef and onion in oil until beef is brown. Drain if necessary.
Stir in remaining ingredients except water and flour. Heat to a boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer until veggies are done and flavors have blended, about 30 mins or longer, stirring occasionally.
In tightly covered container, shake water and flour until mixed; gradually stir into beef mixture. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 min.
Serve over noodles or rice...hmm...or even mashed potatoes for a hungarian type of shepherds pie. enjoy!!!