- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoons paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp caraway seed
- 1/2 tsp pepper (pr to taste)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cups frozen mixed veggies
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained plus a little water to rinse out the rest of the tomato stuff
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Cook beef and onion in oil until beef is brown. Drain if necessary.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except water and flour. Heat to a boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer until veggies are done and flavors have blended, about 30 mins or longer, stirring occasionally.
- In tightly covered container, shake water and flour until mixed; gradually stir into beef mixture. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 min.
- Serve over noodles or rice...hmm...or even mashed potatoes for a hungarian type of shepherds pie. enjoy!!!
Notesn a desperate search for something to do with my ground beef, and a limited pantry (needed to make a trip to the store and didnt feel like it yet....I'll do it tomorrow, ya know?) I came across a Hungarian Goulash recipe in one of my Betty Crocker Cookbooks. I think there are as many variations of this recipe as there are for meatloaf. Anyway....I made a few slight changes to accommodate what I had available and here's what I came up with.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
A Falcon Feast
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More