- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time:
- ¼ C. Shortening
- 2 lbs. Beef chuck or round, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 C. sliced Onion
- 1 small Clove Garlic, minced
- ¾ C. Catsup
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Paprika
- ½ tsp. Dry Mustard
- Dash Cayenne Red Pepper
- 1 ½ C. Water
- 2 Tbsp. Flour
- ¼ C. Water
- 3 C. Hot Cooked Noodles
- Melt shortening in large skillet.
- Add beef, onion, and garlic; cook and stir until meat is brown and onion is tender.
- Stir in catsup, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, salt, paprika, mustard, cayenne and 1 ½ cups water.
- Cover; simmer 2 to 2 ½ hours.
- Blend flour and ¼ cup water; stir gradually into meat mixture.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Serve over noodles.
NFPG Recipe Collection
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More