- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Tbsp. Canola oil
- 2 lbs. beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) beef broth
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1cup cold water
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 16 oz. hot cooked egg noodles, for serving
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook beef in oil about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown. Drain. Place beef and sliced onion in a slow cooker.
- Mix beef broth, tomato paste, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, salt, and pepper; stir into beef mixture.
- Cover and cook on low heat 8-10 hours (I always use the longer cook time) until beef is tender.
- Mix water and flour; gradually stir into beef mixture. Stir in green pepper.
- Cover and cook on high heat 30 minutes.
- Serve goulash over noodles.
NotesHaven't tried it yet, but it looks wonderful and I love crockpots in the fall and winter.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More