- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Tbsp. Canola oil
- 2 lbs. beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) beef broth
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1cup cold water
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 16 oz. hot cooked egg noodles, for serving
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook beef in oil about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown. Drain. Place beef and sliced onion in a slow cooker.
- Mix beef broth, tomato paste, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, salt, and pepper; stir into beef mixture.
- Cover and cook on low heat 8-10 hours (I always use the longer cook time) until beef is tender.
- Mix water and flour; gradually stir into beef mixture. Stir in green pepper.
- Cover and cook on high heat 30 minutes.
- Serve goulash over noodles.
NotesHaven't tried it yet, but it looks wonderful and I love crockpots in the fall and winter.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More