- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2-3 T. oil
- 4 lb. short ribs w/bone
- 1 lg or 2 sm onions, sliced
- 1 C. tomato sauce
- 1 C. water
- 1/4 C. brown sugar
- 1/4 C. apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 t. salt
- 1 1/2 t. dry mustard
- 1 1/2 t. worcestershire
- 1/4 t. paprika
- In dutch oven, heat oil over med. heat.
- Brown ribs on all sides.
- Add onion and cook until tender.
- Combine all remaining ingredients.
- Pour over ribs.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until meat is tender. About 3 hr.
- Thicken gravy if desired.
- Serve over wide noodles or mashed potatoes.
- You may also simmer in the oven at 325 degrees for about the same amount of time. Just pre-heat oven and start the ribs to the simmer on top of stove and then transver to the oven.
- Can also be cooked in slow cooker for 6-8 hrs on low.
NotesThis is my very favorite way to prepare short ribs. Can not honestly tell you where I got the recipe since I have been making them for well over 25 years. They are fall of the bone tender every time.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More