- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2-3 T. oil
- 4 lb. short ribs w/bone
- 1 lg or 2 sm onions, sliced
- 1 C. tomato sauce
- 1 C. water
- 1/4 C. brown sugar
- 1/4 C. apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 t. salt
- 1 1/2 t. dry mustard
- 1 1/2 t. worcestershire
- 1/4 t. paprika
- In dutch oven, heat oil over med. heat.
- Brown ribs on all sides.
- Add onion and cook until tender.
- Combine all remaining ingredients.
- Pour over ribs.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until meat is tender. About 3 hr.
- Thicken gravy if desired.
- Serve over wide noodles or mashed potatoes.
- You may also simmer in the oven at 325 degrees for about the same amount of time. Just pre-heat oven and start the ribs to the simmer on top of stove and then transver to the oven.
- Can also be cooked in slow cooker for 6-8 hrs on low.
NotesThis is my very favorite way to prepare short ribs. Can not honestly tell you where I got the recipe since I have been making them for well over 25 years. They are fall of the bone tender every time.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More