HUNT'S VERY SPECIAL SPICE CAKE
- Servings: Makes 1 10-inch cake
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 8 oz. can Hunt's tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 1/2 cups golden raisins
- 1/2 cup orange or pineapple juice
In large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, spices and salt.
Thoroughly mix Hunt's sauce and soda in small bowl; add to flour mixture.
Stir in eggs, oil, nuts, raisins and fruit mix, mix well.
Pour into greased 10-inch bundt or tube pan.
Bake at 350 degrees 45 to 55 minutes.
Cool in pan 15 minutes before turning out on serving plate. Dust top with powdered sugar.