- Cooking Time:
- Servings: Makes 1 10-inch cake
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 8 oz. can Hunt's tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 1/2 cups golden raisins
- 1/2 cup orange or pineapple juice
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, spices and salt.
- Thoroughly mix Hunt's sauce and soda in small bowl; add to flour mixture.
- Stir in eggs, oil, nuts, raisins and fruit mix, mix well.
- Pour into greased 10-inch bundt or tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees 45 to 55 minutes.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes before turning out on serving plate. Dust top with powdered sugar.
NotesSeems like everyone has heard of the tomato soup cake, this one is based on tomato sauce.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More