- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 C. white self-rising cornmeal
- 3/4 C. self rising white flour
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- Buttermilk to make consistency you desire
- Oil for deep-frying
- Mix all ingredients except oil and the more you mix, the lighter the batter will be. Batter should scoop out without being runny.
- Drop with small ice cream scoop into hot oil. They will rise to the top when they cook. You may want to turn gently but do not pierce with a fork or utensil when turning. This lets the oil penetrate into the hush puppy and they are heavy and dense then. Brown to desired tint and drain on paper towels.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce