- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 C. white self-rising cornmeal
- 3/4 C. self rising white flour
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- Buttermilk to make consistency you desire
- Oil for deep-frying
- Mix all ingredients except oil and the more you mix, the lighter the batter will be. Batter should scoop out without being runny.
- Drop with small ice cream scoop into hot oil. They will rise to the top when they cook. You may want to turn gently but do not pierce with a fork or utensil when turning. This lets the oil penetrate into the hush puppy and they are heavy and dense then. Brown to desired tint and drain on paper towels.
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Gluten Free Vietnamese Perogies
Campbell's Kitchen Slow Cooker Bacon Potato ChowderSee More