- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 loaf French or Italian bread, about 22-inches in length
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 3/4 teaspoon Essence (see recipe)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Split the French bread in half lengthwise. Lay the bread, crust side down, on the lined baking sheet.
- Place the butter in a medium bowl. Add the remaining ingredients, and stir together with a rubber spatula. Spread the butter mixture evenly onto the bread.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbly, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Carefully slice diagonally and serve immediately.
NotesThis is an Emeril recipe that I found on the Food Network website. I made it for Valentines Day and it was amazing!
I did make a few modifications though. Less oil and butter, more cheese and garlic
I ate a piece for breakfast this morning and it was almost better than it was last night.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More