- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 ½ cups crushed chocolate wafer cookies
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 3 ½ cups half and half cream
- 4 large egg yolks
- 3 ½ ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon coffee liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chilled heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- ½ vanilla bean
- To Serve: chocolate-covered espresso beans
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Add butter and sugar to cookie crumbs and blend. Firmly press mixture into 9-inch-diameter glass or ceramic pie dish. Bake until crust sets, about 8 minutes. Cool.
- 1. Whisk sugar, cocoa, and cornstarch in heavy medium saucepan. Gradually whisk in half and half and then the egg yolks. Continue to whisk over medium-high heat until mixture thickens and boils, about 12 - 15 minutes.
- 2. Remove from heat and add both chocolates and butter, whisking until melted and smooth. Mix in coffee liqueur and vanilla. Transfer filling to crust. Press plastic wrap directly onto surface of filling and chill until filling sets, at least 6 hours. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Keep chilled and covered.)
- 1. Beat all ingredients in large bowl until peaks form. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Rewhisk to thicken and smooth before serving, if necessary.)
- 2. Peel plastic off of pie. Cut pie into fairly small wedges (it is quite rich). Spoon a good-sized dollop of coffee whipped cream on top of each slice. Garnish with chocolate-covered espresso beans and serve.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Watt's Cooking in PA?See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More