- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 ½ cups crushed chocolate wafer cookies
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 3 ½ cups half and half cream
- 4 large egg yolks
- 3 ½ ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon coffee liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chilled heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- ½ vanilla bean
- To Serve: chocolate-covered espresso beans
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Add butter and sugar to cookie crumbs and blend. Firmly press mixture into 9-inch-diameter glass or ceramic pie dish. Bake until crust sets, about 8 minutes. Cool.
- 1. Whisk sugar, cocoa, and cornstarch in heavy medium saucepan. Gradually whisk in half and half and then the egg yolks. Continue to whisk over medium-high heat until mixture thickens and boils, about 12 - 15 minutes.
- 2. Remove from heat and add both chocolates and butter, whisking until melted and smooth. Mix in coffee liqueur and vanilla. Transfer filling to crust. Press plastic wrap directly onto surface of filling and chill until filling sets, at least 6 hours. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Keep chilled and covered.)
- 1. Beat all ingredients in large bowl until peaks form. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Rewhisk to thicken and smooth before serving, if necessary.)
- 2. Peel plastic off of pie. Cut pie into fairly small wedges (it is quite rich). Spoon a good-sized dollop of coffee whipped cream on top of each slice. Garnish with chocolate-covered espresso beans and serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More