- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis traditional Irish bread done the American way is chock full of raisins and caraway seeds, and comes out almost like a cake. Yum!
- 2 1/8 cups of flour
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of raisins
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of caraway seeds
- 5 1/2 teaspoons of butter -
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 can of cooking spray
- Pre-heat oven 350 degrees.
- Spray 8 inch bread pan with cooking spray; line bottom and sides of pan with parchment paper.
- Melt butter in microwave. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add raisins and caraway seeds and mix together. Set aside.
- In another bowl: Mix eggs with the milk.
- Add to the flour mixture and blend together.
- Add melted butter and stir.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 55- 60 minutes.
- Makes 1-8 inch loaf of bread.