- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 4 beaten egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup half-and-half or light cream
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee crystals
- 1/4 cup Irish whiskey or bourbon whiskey
- 2 cups whipping cream
- In a heavy medium saucepan combine the egg yolks, sugar, milk, half-and-half or light cream, chocolate, and coffee crystals.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture is slightly thickened and bubbly; remove from heat.
- Beat mixture with a rotary beater until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Cool thoroughly by placing bowl in a sink or large bowl of ice water; stir occasionally.
- Stir in whiskey.
- In a large mixing bowl beat whipping cream with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl).
- Fold in cooled chocolate mixture.
- Pour into an 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
- Cover and freeze at least 8 hours or overnight until firm.
- Let stand at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Raw “Vodka Sauce”
Memere's Chocolate Chip CookiesSee More