- Cooking Time: 10
- Preparation Time: 10-20
- 3/4 pkg frozen puff pastry, thawed
- about 2/3 cup sugar crystals
- 1 1/4 cups whipping cream
- few drops vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- and a big appetite
- On a floured surface, roll out puff pastry dough thinly; cut out ovals about
- 5 inches long. Rinse baking sheet with cold water. Arrange dough ovals on dampened baking sheet and sprinkle with sugar crystals. Refrigreate 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 450 f (230c). bake the ovals for 10 minutes ourntil puffed and golden. Cool on rack.
- To make filling, whip cream with vanilla and sugar ina medium bowl until
- stiff. Spread whipped cream mixture over half of the cooled pastry ovals on
- the unsugared side; place the remaing ovals on top, sugar side up. Serve immediately (if possible).
NotesThese coffee party treats are actually called, Cream Slices. But I always called them Irons, because that's what they look like. This recipe is one of those that are basically simple, but sort of complicated.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Pandas' Favorite Pie by Kaylan & Finn Agarwal
Peggy's Hot Canapes
Panera Broccoli Cheese SoupSee More