- Cooking Time: 10
- Preparation Time: 10-20
- 3/4 pkg frozen puff pastry, thawed
- about 2/3 cup sugar crystals
- 1 1/4 cups whipping cream
- few drops vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- and a big appetite
- On a floured surface, roll out puff pastry dough thinly; cut out ovals about
- 5 inches long. Rinse baking sheet with cold water. Arrange dough ovals on dampened baking sheet and sprinkle with sugar crystals. Refrigreate 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 450 f (230c). bake the ovals for 10 minutes ourntil puffed and golden. Cool on rack.
- To make filling, whip cream with vanilla and sugar ina medium bowl until
- stiff. Spread whipped cream mixture over half of the cooled pastry ovals on
- the unsugared side; place the remaing ovals on top, sugar side up. Serve immediately (if possible).
NotesThese coffee party treats are actually called, Cream Slices. But I always called them Irons, because that's what they look like. This recipe is one of those that are basically simple, but sort of complicated.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More