- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- * 5 lb Chicken, roasting
- * 2 Oranges, whole
- * 1 lg Onion, cut in large slices
- * 1/2 c Orange juice, fresh
- * 2 tb Ginger, freshly grated
- * 2 tb Honey
- * 1/2 c Wine
- Rinse and dry chicken. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Insert one whole orange in the chicken. Place in roasting pan, breast side down. Surround with onion slices.
- Mix juice with the ginger, and pour over the chicken. Roast uncovered at 350 degrees F for 1/2 hour.
- Remove chicken from the oven, turn over, and smear with honey. Suround the chicken with the second orange, sliced, and return to the oven. After five minutes, baste with wine and pan juices. If browning too quickly, cover with foil. Baste again, after 1/2 hour. continue cooking until drumsticks are removed easily, about 1 more hour.
- Remove the orange from the chicken, and slice it. Garnish with herbs, as per taste.
NotesServing Idea: Haroseth makes a good stuffing for this dish....
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More