- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- * 5 lb Chicken, roasting
- * 2 Oranges, whole
- * 1 lg Onion, cut in large slices
- * 1/2 c Orange juice, fresh
- * 2 tb Ginger, freshly grated
- * 2 tb Honey
- * 1/2 c Wine
- Rinse and dry chicken. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Insert one whole orange in the chicken. Place in roasting pan, breast side down. Surround with onion slices.
- Mix juice with the ginger, and pour over the chicken. Roast uncovered at 350 degrees F for 1/2 hour.
- Remove chicken from the oven, turn over, and smear with honey. Suround the chicken with the second orange, sliced, and return to the oven. After five minutes, baste with wine and pan juices. If browning too quickly, cover with foil. Baste again, after 1/2 hour. continue cooking until drumsticks are removed easily, about 1 more hour.
- Remove the orange from the chicken, and slice it. Garnish with herbs, as per taste.
NotesServing Idea: Haroseth makes a good stuffing for this dish....
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Screen-to-Table Cookbook: Food in FilmSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More