- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. Italian sausages, hot or sweet
- 3 lbs. bell peppers
- 1 (35 ounce) can italian crushed tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 1/8– 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 cup oil (I use olive oil)
- Use a roasting pan large enough to hold all ingredients.
- Clean peppers, cut into strips & place in the pan.
- Cut sausage into 1 1/2 slices & put on top of the peppers.
- Pour the tomatoes over them.
- Sprinkle the oil and the rest of the ingredients over all.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake about an hour, stirring several times during the cooking.
- Serve in sandwiches with crusty Italian bread or rolls.
NotesThis is often served at family meals or in larger portions at large gatherings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Naked Macaron
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook CafeSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More