ICA NUTA- SQUID AND GREEN ONION IN MISO SAUCE
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4-5 squid cleaned and sliced crosswise 1/8”thick
- 2 bunches green onion (scallions)
- 2 tablespoon Shiro Miso
- 1/2 teaspoon dry hot mustard
- 1 teaspoon Sake
- 1 teaspoon Mirin
- 1” piece of fresh ginger grated
- sugar to taste
- Heat 2 cups of water with ½ teaspoon regular vinegar. When the water comes to a boil poach squid for about a minute. Too much cooking will make it chewy and rubbery. Quench in cold water to stop cooking. Set aside
- Wash the green onion and blanch in hot water for no more than a minute. Quench in cold water. Cut in 2”-3” pieces. Use both green and white parts of the onion.
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients together and thin with dashi or water. The dressing is quite strong but you don’t use a lot so the taste is muted by the squid and green onion.
- Place the squid and green onion in a bowl and combine with the dressing.
- I would suggest you use half of the dressing to start and taste it so it suits your palette.
- Can be served chilled or at room temperature.
- I usually mix everything together just prior to serving.
NotesHope you like it