- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Boxes chocolate pudding
- (not instant)
- 4 cups of milk
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 TB. sugar
- 1 jar maraschino cherries
- 1 box of chocolate snaps, chocolate graham crackers, or any flat chocolate cookie
- 1 tsp. real vanilla extract
- Put your mixing bowl and the beaters in the freezer the cream will whip better.
- Cook the pudding according to directions on box use whole milk or 1% do not use skim.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Put plastic wrap over pudding so it doesn't form skin.
- To make whip cream:
- Take out bowl and beaters from freezer, put heavy cream in bowl and start mixing on low, add the sugar and vanilla extract, then up the speed, when the cream thickens and forms peeks it's done. Don't over whip or you'll have butter.
- You can use almost any medium size pan or bowl and just keep layering, you can make the layers as thin or thick as you want. Cookies, pudding, whipped cream, cherries and so on. If you want a more elegant looking dessert you can use champagne glasses, just crumble the chocolate cookies and layer the rest.
- Keep refrigerated.
NotesThis was my grandmother's recipe, it's over 80 years old, but it won't last 5 minutes. I call it from the Lips To The Hips.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Lau Family Recipes
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
The Social CookbookSee More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More