ICE COFFEE OVER COFFEE ICE
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 40
- full pot of coffee
- Make a full pot of coffee as you usually do, increasing the amount of coffee by one to two more heaping measurements so that you have a slightly stronger brew.
- When the brewing is complete, add sugar, if you like it sweet. Can add cream now, if you want it in the cubes, or wait until later Pour two thirds of the coffee into a heat-resistant carafe and allow to cool at room temperature, about 20 minutes, then cover and refrigerate. (Never put piping hot coffee in the fridge; the carafe could break or, worse, explode!)
- Pour the remaining coffee into a clean ice cube tray and freeze until you’re ready to serve.
- To serve at home, pour over a glass of coffee ice cubes, stir, and add milk or freshly-whipped cream, as desired.
- To take with you, pour chilled coffee into a thermos, add milk as desired then add coffee cubes until filled.
NotesThe ideal method for brewing coffee to serve iced is to use cold brewing which prevents the coffee from becoming bitter as it goes from hot to cool to cold. However, if you like sugar in your coffee, it should definitely be added while the coffee is hot, then gradually decrease the temperature from hot to room temperature to chill.
Can add flavor by brewing Hazelnut, Vanilla, ect. coffee.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Luscious Tropical Dream Cake
Ultimate Peanut Butter & Chocolate Banana SplitSee More