- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (16 ounce) package vanilla frosting
- 1 ounce colored candy sprinkles
- Prepare cake mix batter according to directions, or make any standard cake recipe batter (i.e. white, chocolate, etc.).
- Place flat-bottomed ice cream cones in the cups of a regular muffin pan. Pour enough batter into each cone to fill from 1/2 to 2/3 full.
- Bake at time and temperature as recommended for cupcakes. After they have cooled, frost with your favorite canned or home-prepared frosting recipe.
- decorate with sprinkles or other decorations of your choice.
NotesAnother hit with the kids and they love to help make them. I make these a bit different in that I put a liner in my cupcake pan and fill it about 2/3 of the way full with batter. Then I take the icecream cone and place the open end on the batter. As the cupcake cooks it bakes up into the cone. I've never had a problem with soggy cones. Then I take the cone out of the tin, peel off the liner, and then frost after they cool. This leaves a nice round mound on the top of your cone perfect for icing! I have made them both ways and the kids dont seem to mind the cone being a little soft. I just try to serve them as fresh as possible. Have also been told you can wrap the cone in foil when baking and that helps. Tip for transporting them, use the empty cone box, tape the end shut, draw circles of size needed, cut around 8 times from centre to edge of circle, fold down flaps to hold the cones steady to transport.