- Cooking Time: 20
- Preparation Time:
BackstorySummer time fun !!!
Peppermint Ice Cream Sandwiches: Stir 1/3 cup crushed peppermint candies into vanilla ice cream before assembling. Roll ends of sandwiches in additional crushed peppermint candies to coat.Tip: If the ice cream is too hard to scoop easily, microwave on HIGH 10 seconds to soften.
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) chocolate cake mix with pudding in the mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- Colored sugars or sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly spray 13X9-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line pan with foil and spray foil.
- Beat cake mix, eggs, water and melted butter in large bowl with electric mixer until well blended. (Dough will be thick and sticky.) Spoon dough into prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap and press dough evenly into pan, using plastic wrap to keep hands from sticking to dough. Remove plastic wrap and prick surface all over with fork (about 40 times) to prevent dough from rising too much.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Cut cookie in half crosswise; remove one half from pan. Spread ice cream evenly over cookie half remaining in pan. Top with second half; use foil in pan to wrap up sandwich.
- Freeze at least 4 hours. Cut into 8 equal pieces; dip cut ends in sugar or sprinkles. Wrap and freeze sandwiches until ready to serve.