- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 15 oz pumpkin, mashed smooth
- 1 Cup roughly chopped dried Cranberries
- 1/4 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup White sugar (for a Fat Free/ Vegan Version use 1/2 cup Agave Nectar instead of white & brown sugar)
- 1/2 Cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup melted Smart Start, Earth Balance or any other "fake buttery spread"
- 1 Egg (for Fat Free/Vegan version 2/3 Cup of Okara or 8oz of Firm Tofu blended in a food processor)
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour (or 1 cup whole wheat white flour & 1 cup unbleached flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbl Vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup Flax Meal (optional)
- Almond Icing* optional
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, combine wet ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, stir together oats, flour, flax, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and salt.
- Slowly add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Add cranberries & pecans.
- Drop by spoonful onto parchment lined or silicone mat.
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
- Cool on a cooling rack.
NotesThere are several ways to make this that will satisfy EVERYONE! I also like to use 2 tsps of pumpkin pie spice instead of using ginger, nutmeg, cloves & cinnamon separately
Decadent Desserts Made From
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More