- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1-1/4cups honey
- 1cup packed light brown sugar
- 1egg, separated
- 5-1/2cups self-rising flour
- 1teaspoon ground ginger
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2cup milk
- Prepared colored icings, sprinkles and small candy canes
- Beat butter, honey, brown sugar and egg yolk in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour, ginger and cinnamon in small bowl.
- Add alternately with milk to butter mixture; beat just until combined.
- Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets.
- Roll dough on lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut dough using 3-1/2-inch boot-shaped cookie cutter.*
- Place cutouts 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- *If you don't have a boot-shaped cookie cutter, make a pattern using clean, lightweight cardboard or poster board. Using the photo as a guide, draw the pattern on the cardboard. Cut out the pattern piece and lightly spray one side with nonstick cooking spray. Place the pattern piece, sprayed side down, on the rolled-out dough; cut around it with a sharp knife. Reuse the pattern piece to make as many cutouts as needed.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
The Italian Exchange
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More