- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1-1/4cups honey
- 1cup packed light brown sugar
- 1egg, separated
- 5-1/2cups self-rising flour
- 1teaspoon ground ginger
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2cup milk
- Prepared colored icings, sprinkles and small candy canes
- Beat butter, honey, brown sugar and egg yolk in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour, ginger and cinnamon in small bowl.
- Add alternately with milk to butter mixture; beat just until combined.
- Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets.
- Roll dough on lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut dough using 3-1/2-inch boot-shaped cookie cutter.*
- Place cutouts 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- *If you don't have a boot-shaped cookie cutter, make a pattern using clean, lightweight cardboard or poster board. Using the photo as a guide, draw the pattern on the cardboard. Cut out the pattern piece and lightly spray one side with nonstick cooking spray. Place the pattern piece, sprayed side down, on the rolled-out dough; cut around it with a sharp knife. Reuse the pattern piece to make as many cutouts as needed.
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Recipes Worth Counter Surfing For - Vizsla Owners Best Loved Recipes
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More