- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 c. chocolate graham cracker crumbs (2 sleeves from a 3 sleeved box)
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 12 T. butter, melted
- 2 c. whipping cream
- 4 pkg. (8 ox each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 package (1 lb 2 oz pkg) of Oreos, each cookie broken in thirds or fourths
- Combine chocolate graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 c sugar and 12 T of melted butter. Press into a 13 x 9-in pan. Chill.
- Whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks form; refrigerate.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add 1 1/3 c. sugar; blend thoroughly. Fold in the broken Oreos along with the chilled whipped cream.
- Spread filling evenly into crust, smoothing top and spreading to edges. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
NotesThe original recipe came from Grandma's Great Desserts. It was submitted by Perlene H from Lynden, WA. The original recipe is made in a spring-form pan. I wanted to feed more so I increased the filling by a third. For the crust, I check a box of graham cracker crumbs for the directions for a no-bake crust for a 13 x 9-in pan. Also the original recipe calls for making a glaze with 4 squares (1 oz ea) of semisweet chocolate, 1/2 c whipping cream and 1/2 tsp vanilla. This part I ended up omitting, although, it is a nice topping for this delicious dessert. Below are my changes.
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Great Everyday Meals
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More