- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThe original recipe came from Grandma's Great Desserts. It was submitted by Perlene H from Lynden, WA. The original recipe is made in a spring-form pan. I wanted to feed more so I increased the filling by a third. For the crust, I check a box of graham cracker crumbs for the directions for a no-bake crust for a 13 x 9-in pan. Also the original recipe calls for making a glaze with 4 squares (1 oz ea) of semisweet chocolate, 1/2 c whipping cream and 1/2 tsp vanilla. This part I ended up omitting, although, it is a nice topping for this delicious dessert. Below are my changes.
- 3 c. chocolate graham cracker crumbs (2 sleeves from a 3 sleeved box)
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 12 T. butter, melted
- 2 c. whipping cream
- 4 pkg. (8 ox each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 package (1 lb 2 oz pkg) of Oreos, each cookie broken in thirds or fourths
- Combine chocolate graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 c sugar and 12 T of melted butter. Press into a 13 x 9-in pan. Chill.
- Whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks form; refrigerate.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add 1 1/3 c. sugar; blend thoroughly. Fold in the broken Oreos along with the chilled whipped cream.
- Spread filling evenly into crust, smoothing top and spreading to edges. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.