- Cooking Time:
- Servings: Makes 1 quart.
- Preparation Time:
- 4 chai tea bags (5 if you prefer more spice)
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 cup ice
- 1 1/2 cups milk or soymilk
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup (optional)
- Steep the tea bags in 1 and 1/2 cups boiling water for 5 minutes. Squeeze excess water from the bags before discarding. Mix in agave nectar and chocolate syrup (if desired).
- Add the ice to a quart or liter sized container. Pour the tea mixture over the ice. Add 1 and 1/2 cups milk and stir. You may add more if desired! Serve over ice.
NotesThis cool but spicy drink is great on the go and especially for breakfast. Some chai teas use more of one spice than do others. Experiment and you'll find the one that works best for your taste. Enjoy some iced chai with your bowl of cereal in the morning or with an afternoon snack.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
My Family Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Jean’s Recipe FileSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More