- Cooking Time:
- Servings: Makes 1 quart.
- Preparation Time:
- 4 chai tea bags (5 if you prefer more spice)
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 cup ice
- 1 1/2 cups milk or soymilk
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup (optional)
- Steep the tea bags in 1 and 1/2 cups boiling water for 5 minutes. Squeeze excess water from the bags before discarding. Mix in agave nectar and chocolate syrup (if desired).
- Add the ice to a quart or liter sized container. Pour the tea mixture over the ice. Add 1 and 1/2 cups milk and stir. You may add more if desired! Serve over ice.
NotesThis cool but spicy drink is great on the go and especially for breakfast. Some chai teas use more of one spice than do others. Experiment and you'll find the one that works best for your taste. Enjoy some iced chai with your bowl of cereal in the morning or with an afternoon snack.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Coca-Cola Biscuits from Southern Biscuits Cookbook
Summer Stone Sangria
Beef & Broccoli over Hong Kong Pan Fried NoodlesSee More