- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 min
BackstoryGreat recipe for the "hot" months!
Found this recipe in the Quick and Easy Chocolate book.
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 5 tbsp water
- 10 1/2 oz white chocolate
- 3 eggs, seperated
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1. Line a 1 lb loaf pan with foil or plastic wrap, pressing out as many creases as you can.
- 2. Place the sugar and water in a heavy-based pan and heat gently, stirring until sugar dissolved. Bring to boil and boil for 1-2 minutes until syrupy, then remove pan from heat.
- 3. Break the white chocolate into small pieces and stir into the syrup, continuing to stir until the chocolate has melted and combined with the syrup. Leave to cool slightly.
- 4. Beat the egg yolks into the chocolate mixture. Leave to cool completely.
- 5. Lightly whip the cream until just holding its shape and fold it into the chocolate mixture.
- 6. Whisk the egg whites in a grease-free bowl until they are standing in soft peaks. Fold into the chocolate mixture. Pour into the prepared loaf pan and freeze overnight.
- 7. To serve, remove from the freezer about 10-15 minutes before serving. Turn out the pan and cut into slices to serve.
- *Cook's tip- To make a coulis, place 8 oz soft fruit of your choice in food processor or blender. Add 1-2 tbsp confectioners' sugar and blend to form a puree. If the fruit contains seeds, push the puree through a strainer to remove them. Leave to chill until required.
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Tortellini with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
GRILLED MISO-CITRUS SCALLOP LOLLIPOPS
Chocolate Panna CottaSee More