- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8 servings
- Preparation Time: 30 min
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 5 tbsp water
- 10 1/2 oz white chocolate
- 3 eggs, seperated
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1. Line a 1 lb loaf pan with foil or plastic wrap, pressing out as many creases as you can.
- 2. Place the sugar and water in a heavy-based pan and heat gently, stirring until sugar dissolved. Bring to boil and boil for 1-2 minutes until syrupy, then remove pan from heat.
- 3. Break the white chocolate into small pieces and stir into the syrup, continuing to stir until the chocolate has melted and combined with the syrup. Leave to cool slightly.
- 4. Beat the egg yolks into the chocolate mixture. Leave to cool completely.
- 5. Lightly whip the cream until just holding its shape and fold it into the chocolate mixture.
- 6. Whisk the egg whites in a grease-free bowl until they are standing in soft peaks. Fold into the chocolate mixture. Pour into the prepared loaf pan and freeze overnight.
- 7. To serve, remove from the freezer about 10-15 minutes before serving. Turn out the pan and cut into slices to serve.
- *Cook's tip- To make a coulis, place 8 oz soft fruit of your choice in food processor or blender. Add 1-2 tbsp confectioners' sugar and blend to form a puree. If the fruit contains seeds, push the puree through a strainer to remove them. Leave to chill until required.
NotesGreat recipe for the "hot" months!
Found this recipe in the Quick and Easy Chocolate book.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More