- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 500g shelled frozen Shrimps
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 1 Can Green Aspargus, discard fluid (Green Giant is great e.g.)
- 2-3 Tbsp Mayonaise (use your favourite)
- ca 3 Tbsp Sour Cream 10% fat
- On the evening before the Picknic put the shrimps in a bowl and squeeze the lemon juice over them. Cover and let defrost in the refrigerator over night.
- On the morning of the picknic: Sieve the fluid off the shrimps and shake the rest off. Put in a new bowl andding the remaining ingredients and stir together (I prefer using a fork so that the aspargus gets a bit smaller in the salad). Taste to see if the mayo-sour cream mix has the right taste with the shrimps. I prefer to use less mayo, just enought to hold it together.
- Take one sandwich bread and divide the salad onto the slices in a thin layer. My mom managed to make 10 sandwiches with this amount of salad. It of course depends on the size of the bread loafs. Put the other slice ontop, pat the sandwiches lightly and wrap each sandwich in e.g. alu foil. Keep in the cool box while driving.
- Find a perfect spot for the picknic and enjoy with your favourite chilled soft drink or hot coffee!
- Another idea with the salad is to put it in a bread roll and have as a bread cake, see photo:) These rolled breads are sold in Iceland both in white and wheat. I always use wheat. Its really great!
NotesI was home on Holiday last week, and my favourite picknick meal is this Sandwich. Always when we went out of town when I was little, my mom made this salad and made sandwiches for us to eat out in the nature with our favourite Icelandic orange lemonade "Egils Appelsin" :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More