- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1/4th big jar of Siggi's Plain Icelandic Skyr or 1 small one
- Some fresh low fat milk (I prefer the 2% one)
- Combine in a cereal bowl until the consistence is like of a thin yoghurt.
- Add a bunch of fresh Blueberries on top
- also if the Blueberries are not in season just combine your favourite fresh fruits
- like e.g. fresh half mango and
- half a maracuja (yellow ones) or a whole violet one and
- half an Orange peeled and cut in small eat size bits.
- Or peel an apple and cut in small bits and combine with e.g. half a banana
- Or use fresh strawberries, rasberries, blackberries and a banana.
- If you like you can also add your favourite granola.
- I never use sweetening for this dish as I think the fruits make it sweet enough themselves.
- If I'm making it for more than one people I stir it individually on each plate and divide the fruits on each plate.
- Healthy, fresh and refreshing Breakfast that can keep you good for the day til late in the afternoon at least !
NotesWhen I was little growing up in Iceland we were always able to go out into the nature and collect some blueberries and crowberries in August, and it still is a tradition.
The best meal I ever had was this easy dish and now awailable in the USA :)
Check the look of the tin at: skyr.com or the real thing found in some Whole Foods markets skyr.is.
Note the German Quark is the same if it is "Magerquark"