- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 lbs. cucumbers
- 3 pt. vinegar
- 1 pt. water
- 3 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. salt
- 1 tsp. alum
- Celery seed and onions
- Cut cucumbers lengthwise in quarters and soak 2-3 hours in ice water.
- Pack into jars with a slice of onion on bottom and top.
- Add 1 teaspoon celery seed to each jar.
- Bring remaining ingredients to boil; pour hot liquid into jars and seal.
- Allow to set for 1 month.
- Yield: 6 pints.
NotesMy husbands favorite pickle. His mother used to make them
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More