- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 lbs. cucumbers
- 3 pt. vinegar
- 1 pt. water
- 3 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. salt
- 1 tsp. alum
- Celery seed and onions
- Cut cucumbers lengthwise in quarters and soak 2-3 hours in ice water.
- Pack into jars with a slice of onion on bottom and top.
- Add 1 teaspoon celery seed to each jar.
- Bring remaining ingredients to boil; pour hot liquid into jars and seal.
- Allow to set for 1 month.
- Yield: 6 pints.
NotesMy husbands favorite pickle. His mother used to make them
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More