- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons powered egg whites
- 6 tablespoons warm water
- Pink food coloring
- Green food coloring
- Blue food coloring
- Yellow food coloring
- You will also need:
- Large resealable plastic bags
- Pastry bag fitted with fine tip
- Using an electric mixer set on low speed, mix powdered egg whites and warm water until all the water is incorporated, about 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar and the lemon juice; mix on high speed until icing is smooth, about 5 minutes (at this point you can just leave the icing white or you may tint some of the icing). Divide icing evenly among 5 bowls. Set aside 1 bowl of icing.
- Tint remaining bowls of icing pink, green, blue, and yellow; spoon each color into large resealable plastic bags; snip off one corner for piping.
- Using tinted icing, pipe an outline onto each cookie then fill with base color; spread icing evenly. Let icing set until dry.
- Place reserved white icing in a pastry bag fitted with a fine tip. Pipe designs on cookies as desired. Let icing set until dry
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Camp Nubar Baking ClassSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More