- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons powered egg whites
- 6 tablespoons warm water
- Pink food coloring
- Green food coloring
- Blue food coloring
- Yellow food coloring
- You will also need:
- Large resealable plastic bags
- Pastry bag fitted with fine tip
- Using an electric mixer set on low speed, mix powdered egg whites and warm water until all the water is incorporated, about 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar and the lemon juice; mix on high speed until icing is smooth, about 5 minutes (at this point you can just leave the icing white or you may tint some of the icing). Divide icing evenly among 5 bowls. Set aside 1 bowl of icing.
- Tint remaining bowls of icing pink, green, blue, and yellow; spoon each color into large resealable plastic bags; snip off one corner for piping.
- Using tinted icing, pipe an outline onto each cookie then fill with base color; spread icing evenly. Let icing set until dry.
- Place reserved white icing in a pastry bag fitted with a fine tip. Pipe designs on cookies as desired. Let icing set until dry
Italy or Bust
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Sailstad Family CookbookSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More