- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 12 ounce package of small shell macaroni (any macaroni would work)
- diced Cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups diced celery
- diced, fried bacon
- 1 can of peas, drained
- piece of green pepper, diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- thinned Miracle Whip or mayonnaise
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and cool.
- Add remaining ingredients. Refrigerate a few hours to blend flavors.
- NOTE: Taste salad after a few hours. May need to salt, pepper, add more mayonnaise, etc.
- I have altered this recipe a variety of ways, depending on what I have in the house.
- ~~ Ham instead of bacon
- ~~ 1/2 to 3/4 bag of frozen peas instead of can of peas (pour on hot macaroni in colander---the macaroni cools, the peas thaw). Then add remaining ingredients.
- ~~ Add mustard, honey mustard, parsley flakes, dried onion, etc. to mayonnaise mixture
NotesI was given this recipe in high school, and have tweaked it to my heart's content. Watch out---It doesn't last long.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More