IN A RUSH BEEF STEW
In A Rush Beef Stew
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1 to 2 pounds (or whatever you have left over) cooked beef
- 1 (16 - 24 oz.) bag frozen mixed veggies (any type of mix works)
- any left over veggies from your roast (ie: potatoes, carrots, onions, etc)
- broth from roast
- 3 cups water
- 1 envelop beef stew seasoning
- rice (optional)
Cut beef and left over veggies into bite size pieces and transfer into large pot.
Add frozen veggies, broth, and water and bring to boil.
Boil for five minutes and then add beef stew seasoning.
If you don't have time to wait for the stew to thicken, add flour to thicken quickly. I usually mix three or four tablespoons of flour in a large juice glass of water until dissolved and no lumps. Then I slowly pour the flour mixture into the stew, stirring constantly. Continue to stir until the stew is as thick as you like. It won't take long at all to thicken.
Serve over rice if desired. I cook the rice in the microwave while I make the stew.