- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup good soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon hot chili oil
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti (I use whole wheat spaghetti when I want something healthier)
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 4 scallions, sliced (white and green parts)
- Place the garlic and ginger in a food processor. Add vegetable oil, tahini, peanut butter, soy sauce, sherry, sherry vinegar, honey, chili oil, sesame oil, black pepper and cayenne.
- Puree the sauce.
- Add a splash of oil to a large pot of boiling salted water and cook the spaghetti al dente. Drain the pasta in a colander, place it in a large bowl, and while still warm, toss with 3/4 of the sauce.
- Add the red and yellow bell peppers and scallions; toss well. Serve warm or at room temperature. I have served this cold as well and it was tasty.
- The remaining sauce may be added, as needed, to moisten the pasta.
NotesThis is so great to make ahead and serve at a picnic or for any lunch. Add more cayenne and chili oil if you want more of a bite.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Christmas CookiesSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More