- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon parsley
- 1 lb crabmeat with no shells
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onion, bell pepper and garlic in the butter until pepper is limp or about 3 minutes. Add the cream, mustard, and cayenne and mix well. Add ½ cup breadcrumbs and egg and parsley – mix well. Gently fold in the crabmeat.
- Form the mixture into 8 patties about ½ inch thick. Combine the remaining ¼ cup breadcrumbs and parmesan in a bowl. Pat it onto each side of the patties. Refrigerate till firm – about 2 hours.
- Combine the oil and remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in the skillet. Sauté the cakes in hot mixture for about 3 min on each side – golden brown then put in a 400 degree oven for 7-10 minutes…this firms them.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Paul’s Chicken Marsala Modified from www.allrecipes.com
Smiling Jack SandwichSee More