INCREDIBLE PEACH COBBLER
- Cooking Time: 45-50
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 (15.6•oz.) pkg. Pillsbury' Cranberry Quick Bread and Muffin Mix
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 2 (29•oz.) cans peach slices in light syrup, drained, reserving
- 1 cup liquid
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
Heat oven to 375°F.
Place butter in ungreased 13x9•inch pan. Place in oven until butter is melted. Remove from
Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine quick bread mix, 1 tablespoon of the orange peel, 1 cup reserved peach liquid and egg; stir 50 to 75 strokes with spoon until mix is moistened.
Drop mixture by spoonfuls over butter in pan;
spread slightly without stirring. Arrange peaches over mixture. Sprinkle with cranberries.
In small bowl, combine sugar and remaining tablespoon orange peel; mix well. Sprinkle over fruit.
Bake at 375°F. for 45 to 50 minutes or until edges are deep golden brown. Cool 20 minutes. Serve warm.
If desired, serve with Vanilla Ice Cream. 15 servings
HIGH ALTITUDE (ABOVE 3500 FEET): Add 1 tablespoon flour to dry quick bread mix. Bake as directed above.