- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Topping: for AFTER baking
- 6 T butter
- 10 T dark brown sugar
- 5 T milk
- 1 C chopped pecans or more if you like!
- 1 C butter
- 1 ½ C sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 1 t vanilla
- 4 T buttermilk
- 2 C flour
- 1 ½ t baking soda
- 1 t salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Mash bananas, beat 2 eggs and add to bananas with vanilla and buttermilk. Mix well and add to creamed butter and sugar.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt. Add to banana mixture and beat well.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured loaf pans 9 x 5 x 3
- Bake 45 to 50 min until bread pulls away from sides of pan. Cool.
- To prepare topping, melt butter in saucepan. Add sugar and milk. Cook until very syrupy. Remove from heat and add chopped pecans.
- Pour over bread, spreading to all corners and place under broiler till brown and bubbly. WATCH CLOSELY. DO NOT LET BURN!
NotesI got this from the TOH BB.
I can't remember the original poster; but it is my favorite banana bread; and I am so happy it was posted.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More