- Cooking Time: 45-50
- Preparation Time:
- 1 C butter
- 1 ½ C sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 1 t vanilla
- 4 T buttermilk
- 2 C flour
- 1 ½ t baking soda
- 1 t salt
- Topping: for AFTER baking
- 6 T butter
- 10 T dark brown sugar
- 5 T milk
- 1 C chopped pecans or more if you like!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter and sugar. Mash bananas, beat 2 eggs and add to bananas with vanilla and buttermilk. Mix well and add to creamed butter and sugar.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt. Add to banana mixture and beat well.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured loaf pans 9 x 5 x 3
- Bake 45 to 50 min until bread pulls away from sides of pan. Cool.
- To prepare topping, melt butter in saucepan. Add sugar and milk. Cook until very syrupy. Remove from heat and add chopped pecans. Pour over bread, spreading to all corners and place under broiler till brown and bubbly. WATCH CLOSELY. DO NOT LET BURN!
NotesI have been making this for years now. Undoubtably my favorite. Always get raves and have to give the recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More