- Cooking Time: 45-50
- Preparation Time:
- 1 C butter
- 1 ½ C sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 1 t vanilla
- 4 T buttermilk
- 2 C flour
- 1 ½ t baking soda
- 1 t salt
- Topping: for AFTER baking
- 6 T butter
- 10 T dark brown sugar
- 5 T milk
- 1 C chopped pecans or more if you like!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter and sugar. Mash bananas, beat 2 eggs and add to bananas with vanilla and buttermilk. Mix well and add to creamed butter and sugar.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt. Add to banana mixture and beat well.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured loaf pans 9 x 5 x 3
- Bake 45 to 50 min until bread pulls away from sides of pan. Cool.
- To prepare topping, melt butter in saucepan. Add sugar and milk. Cook until very syrupy. Remove from heat and add chopped pecans. Pour over bread, spreading to all corners and place under broiler till brown and bubbly. WATCH CLOSELY. DO NOT LET BURN!
NotesI have been making this for years now. Undoubtably my favorite. Always get raves and have to give the recipe.
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knife
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRY COOKIES
Tomato & Sweet Pepper SalsaSee More