- Cooking Time: 75
- Preparation Time:
- 2 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound skinless chicken breast, boned, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 carton (8 oz.) plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 5 cups cubed peeled baking potato (I only use 3 potatoes)
- 4 cups water (I only use 2 cups)
- 4 1/2 cups hot cooked basmati rice
- 2/3 cup chopped tomato
- Combine first 8 ingredients. Melt butter in dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion & garlic, cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in spice mixture; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add chicken, cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Combine yogurt & tomato paste, stir with whisk. Add mixture, potato & water to pan. Bring to boil; cover, reduce heat & simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over rice, top with tomato.
NotesIn my opinion, the basmati rice is a must in this recipe. It adds such a wonderful aroma and nutty flavor, I couldn't imagine this dish without it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Cooking with Sabra
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More