- Cooking Time: 75
- Preparation Time:
- 2 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound skinless chicken breast, boned, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 carton (8 oz.) plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 5 cups cubed peeled baking potato (I only use 3 potatoes)
- 4 cups water (I only use 2 cups)
- 4 1/2 cups hot cooked basmati rice
- 2/3 cup chopped tomato
- Combine first 8 ingredients. Melt butter in dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion & garlic, cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in spice mixture; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add chicken, cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Combine yogurt & tomato paste, stir with whisk. Add mixture, potato & water to pan. Bring to boil; cover, reduce heat & simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over rice, top with tomato.
NotesIn my opinion, the basmati rice is a must in this recipe. It adds such a wonderful aroma and nutty flavor, I couldn't imagine this dish without it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More