- Cooking Time: 140 min approx.
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup corn meal
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon + nutmeg
- Heat milk to boiling
- Add cornmeal, cinnamon, nutmeg and cook for 5 minutes
- Add molasses and cook 15 minutes
- Remove from heat
- Add butter and egg
- Pour into greased 2-2 1/2 qt. dish + bake 1 1/2 - 2 hrs. 300F
NotesThis is an old recipe of my mom's dating back to the early 70's. It's a rich and somewhat spicy dessert that is best served topped with whipped cream. It's a truly unique recipe that you don't hear about often.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Gluten-Free and DeliciousSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More