- 2c diced onions
- 2T veg oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 fresh chile, minced
- 1T grated fresh ginger root
- 1t cumin
- 1t coriander
- 1/2 t tumeric
- 1/2t cinnamon
- 1/2t cardamom
- 1t salt
- 1c orange juice
- 5c cubed eggplant (1" cubes)
- 4c cubed zucchini or yellow squash
- 1 1/2c bell peppers, diced
- 3c diced fresh/canned tomatoes (28 oz can undrained)
- 1/4c chopped fresh basil
In stew pot, saute onions in oil on medium heat until transluscent, about 10 minutes.
Stir in garlic, chile, ginger, cumin, coriander, turmeric, cinnamon, cardamom, salt, and saute for a minute, stirring constantly.
Add OJ and eggplant, toss to coat with spices, cover, and simmer 10-15 min, until eggplant barely tender.
Add squash, bell peppers, tomatoes, and basil. Cover and continue to simmer about 15 minutes, until all vegetables are tender.
Add a little more OJ or water to prevent sticking.