- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup cooked basmati rice
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 oz. sugar, approx. 1/4 cup
- 1/4 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1 1/2 oz. golden raisins, approx. 1/3 cup
- 1 1/2 oz. chopped unsalted pistachios,
- (approx. 1/3 cup)
- In large nonstick saute pan over med. heat, combine the cooked rice and milk. Heat until the mixture begins to boil. Decrease the heat to low and cook at a simmer until the mixture begins to thicken, stirring frequently, approx. 5 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium, add the heavy cream, coconut milk, sugar, and cardamom and continue to cook until the mixture just begins to thicken again, approx. 5-10 minutes.
- Use a whisk to help prevent the cardamom from clumping. Once the mixture begins to thicken, remove from the heat and stir in the raisins and pistachios. Transfer the mixture to individual serving dishes or a glass bowl and place plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
NotesCourtesy Alton Brown, 2004:
**I've made this and it's delish!
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Amsterdam Friends CookbookSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More