- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 15
BackstoryMade this adaptation of an Aarti Sequeira recipe for a Memorial Day Party where we had an Indian-Mexican fusion theme to our menu. This guacamole brought everything together. I usually add a bit more garlic, cumin, and garam masala then this calls for because I love the warmth of the spices. Of course you can add more spices while mashing if the flavor profile is not what you're looking for.
- -8 avocados
- -4 limes
- -1/3 onion, very finely chopped
- -1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- -1/2 serrano pepper, minced
- -2 Tbsp cilantro, minced
- -1/2 tsp cumin
- -1 tsp garam masala
- -1/4 tsp salt
- -Heat a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add cumin and toast until the aroma deepens and the seeds begin to brown
- -While cumin toasts, juice limes into large bowl. Add onion, garlic, pepper, and cilantro.
- -Add avocados and spices.
- -Mash all ingredients together until smooth