Indian Spinach and Potatoes
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
3 tablespoons oil or butter
2 garlic cloves peeled and chopped
1½ tablespoons curry powder
3 russet potatoes peeled and chopped
3 green onions chopped
2 cups water
2 teaspoons bouillon paste or cube
1 package (12 oz) washed spinach (or frozen)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Make rice (see recipe).
2. Chop potatoes into bite size piece, chop green onion, mince garlic and measure out other ingredients.
3. Heat oil/butter in a large pot on high heat for 1½ minute.
4. Stir in garlic and curry powder into pot for 30 seconds.
5. Mix in potatoes, water and bouillon.
6. Cover, raise heat to high and bring to a boil for 10 seconds. Reduce to medium low heat.
7. Keep covered and cook for 20 minutes.
8. Mix in spinach and green onions. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
9. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with rice.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 35 minutes