- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 6-8 servings
- Preparation Time:
- 1.25 cups AP flour
- 1 Tbs turmeric
- 1 Tbs ground coriander
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbs canola oil (6 cups for frying)
- 1 beer (room temperature)
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1. In a medium bowl, sift together flour and spices.
- 2. Add canola oil and whisk in beer to the flour/spice mixture (set in a warm place to puff up)
- 3. Wash and dry 1 head of broccoli. Then, stem and trim into bite size pieces.
- 4. Heat oil in a large pot to 345-355 degrees F.
- 5. Stir batter to check consistency (should coat broccoli lightly-add water or flour as needed)
- 6. Drop several pieces into oil. When golden brown on all sides, remove to drying rack (baking sheet and cooling rack with paper towels) and sprinkle with Kosher salt.
NotesInspiration from "Alex's Day Off" and our desire to learn Indian cooking, this recipe is a delicious way to eat broccoli (for kids and adults!).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Short & Sweet
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More