- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 6-8 servings
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryInspiration from "Alex's Day Off" and our desire to learn Indian cooking, this recipe is a delicious way to eat broccoli (for kids and adults!).
- 1.25 cups AP flour
- 1 Tbs turmeric
- 1 Tbs ground coriander
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbs canola oil (6 cups for frying)
- 1 beer (room temperature)
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1. In a medium bowl, sift together flour and spices.
- 2. Add canola oil and whisk in beer to the flour/spice mixture (set in a warm place to puff up)
- 3. Wash and dry 1 head of broccoli. Then, stem and trim into bite size pieces.
- 4. Heat oil in a large pot to 345-355 degrees F.
- 5. Stir batter to check consistency (should coat broccoli lightly-add water or flour as needed)
- 6. Drop several pieces into oil. When golden brown on all sides, remove to drying rack (baking sheet and cooling rack with paper towels) and sprinkle with Kosher salt.
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
The Vegan Roadie's 5 Ingredient Challenge Cookbook - Season One
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Tortellini with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
GRILLED MISO-CITRUS SCALLOP LOLLIPOPS
Chocolate Panna CottaSee More