- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 30
- - 1/4 cup of mashed potatoes
- - 1 teaspoon of butter
- - 3/4 cup of shredded coconut
- - 1 pound of powdered sugar
- - 3/4 teaspoon of vanilla
- - 5 squares of unsweetened chocolate
- Cook and mash the potatoes, do not season, place 1/4 cup in a bowl.
- In the bowl mix in the butter until well blended
- Gradually add the powdered sugar and the coconut until it is the consistency of play-dough.
- If the candy is hard to mix, add teaspoons of water until blended.
- Mold the mixture into round balls
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate on a double boiler
- Dip the balls into the chocolate and coat well
- Roll in additional coconut if desired
- Place on wax paper, cool and enjoy
NotesLong winters lend to experiments in the kitchen, trying to starve off a sweet tooth!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Babette's Test Kitchen
Thanksgiving With The Singing VeganSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More