- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 30
- - 1/4 cup of mashed potatoes
- - 1 teaspoon of butter
- - 3/4 cup of shredded coconut
- - 1 pound of powdered sugar
- - 3/4 teaspoon of vanilla
- - 5 squares of unsweetened chocolate
- Cook and mash the potatoes, do not season, place 1/4 cup in a bowl.
- In the bowl mix in the butter until well blended
- Gradually add the powdered sugar and the coconut until it is the consistency of play-dough.
- If the candy is hard to mix, add teaspoons of water until blended.
- Mold the mixture into round balls
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate on a double boiler
- Dip the balls into the chocolate and coat well
- Roll in additional coconut if desired
- Place on wax paper, cool and enjoy
NotesLong winters lend to experiments in the kitchen, trying to starve off a sweet tooth!
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More