- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 30
- - 1/4 cup of mashed potatoes
- - 1 teaspoon of butter
- - 3/4 cup of shredded coconut
- - 1 pound of powdered sugar
- - 3/4 teaspoon of vanilla
- - 5 squares of unsweetened chocolate
- Cook and mash the potatoes, do not season, place 1/4 cup in a bowl.
- In the bowl mix in the butter until well blended
- Gradually add the powdered sugar and the coconut until it is the consistency of play-dough.
- If the candy is hard to mix, add teaspoons of water until blended.
- Mold the mixture into round balls
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate on a double boiler
- Dip the balls into the chocolate and coat well
- Roll in additional coconut if desired
- Place on wax paper, cool and enjoy
NotesLong winters lend to experiments in the kitchen, trying to starve off a sweet tooth!