INDIVIDUAL GREEK WONTON LASAGNAS
Individual Greek Wonton Lasagnas
- Servings: 4
- Lamb Meatsauce
- 1 lb. ground beef or ground lamb
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2ish tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cinnamon stick (or about 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon)
- 4 whole Allspice balls or 4 whole cloves
- 4 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 32 wonton wrappers
- 1 batch Greek meatsauce, recipe follows
- 1 cup grated kefalotyri (or any other cheese you like)
- a little mizithra or parmesan, optional
Preheat oven to 350.
Heat olive oil in the skillet and then add diced onions.
Cook until they start to get tender, and then add in ground beef.
Brown ground beef together with onion. Drain.
Add garlic and saute until fragrant.
Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low.
Cover and simmer for 45-60 minutes.
Spray a pan with oil.
Stack 2 wonton wrappers together for each mini lasagna.
Top with meatsauce and with 1/3 of the shredded cheese.
Repeat layering 3 times.
Sprinkle each lasagna with a little parmesan or mizithra if desired.
Cover with foil and cook in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Remove foil and cook an additional 5-10 to brown cheese slightly.