- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- Lamb Meatsauce
- 1 lb. ground beef or ground lamb
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2ish tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cinnamon stick (or about 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon)
- 4 whole Allspice balls or 4 whole cloves
- 4 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 32 wonton wrappers
- 1 batch Greek meatsauce, recipe follows
- 1 cup grated kefalotyri (or any other cheese you like)
- a little mizithra or parmesan, optional
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lamb Meatsauce
- Heat olive oil in the skillet and then add diced onions.
- Cook until they start to get tender, and then add in ground beef.
- Brown ground beef together with onion. Drain.
- Add garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 45-60 minutes.
- Spray a pan with oil.
- Stack 2 wonton wrappers together for each mini lasagna.
- Top with meatsauce and with 1/3 of the shredded cheese.
- Repeat layering 3 times.
- Sprinkle each lasagna with a little parmesan or mizithra if desired.
- Cover with foil and cook in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook an additional 5-10 to brown cheese slightly.
NotesThis idea came to me one day when I had extra wontons and I'm so glad it did :) You can of course use any sauce/cheese combo you want but I like to use my Greek meatsauce because it's very thick and sticks well without running over the pan.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More