- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- Lamb Meatsauce
- 1 lb. ground beef or ground lamb
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2ish tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cinnamon stick (or about 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon)
- 4 whole Allspice balls or 4 whole cloves
- 4 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 32 wonton wrappers
- 1 batch Greek meatsauce, recipe follows
- 1 cup grated kefalotyri (or any other cheese you like)
- a little mizithra or parmesan, optional
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lamb Meatsauce
- Heat olive oil in the skillet and then add diced onions.
- Cook until they start to get tender, and then add in ground beef.
- Brown ground beef together with onion. Drain.
- Add garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 45-60 minutes.
- Spray a pan with oil.
- Stack 2 wonton wrappers together for each mini lasagna.
- Top with meatsauce and with 1/3 of the shredded cheese.
- Repeat layering 3 times.
- Sprinkle each lasagna with a little parmesan or mizithra if desired.
- Cover with foil and cook in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook an additional 5-10 to brown cheese slightly.
NotesThis idea came to me one day when I had extra wontons and I'm so glad it did :) You can of course use any sauce/cheese combo you want but I like to use my Greek meatsauce because it's very thick and sticks well without running over the pan.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More