- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 sprays cooking spray
- 1 lb frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 4 large eggs beaten
- 1 T fat free skim milk
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp balck pepper, or to taste
- 2 oz cooked lean ham, finely chopped
- 1/8 C sweet red peppers, finely chopped (2T)
- 1/8 C green peppers, finely chopped (2T)
- 2 T onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 C low fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 8 muffin tin holes with cooking spray. Spread paotatoes around bottom and press potato up sides of each muffin hole; place in oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs and milk together in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper. Add ham, peppers, onion and cheese to bowl; mix to combine.
- Remove potatos from oven (after cooking for 10 minutes) and press down firmly with a spoon so that they are spread out like mini piecrusts (potatoes should cover bottom and sides of each whole). Pour about 1/4 C of egg mixture into the center of each muffin hole.
- Return pan to oven adn cook until potatoes are crisp and golden, and the egg mixture is set, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit about 5 minutes before serving.
NotesThis is my mainstay breakfast recipe when I am on Weight Watchers. A good savory, high protein breakfast first thing in the morning to keep you full.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More