- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for greasing tin
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a standard 6-cup muffin tin; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, and zest until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolks one at a time until creamy; set aside.
- Into a small bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture in alternating batches to butter mixture; set aside.
- In a clean bowl, whisk egg whites to soft peaks; fold into batter.
- Divide half of batter among muffin cups.
- Make an indentation in the middle of each; fill with 1 tablespoon jam.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Bake until a cake tester inserted in top cake layer comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Unmold cakes, and transfer them to a wire rack to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together confectioner's sugar and juice.
- Place rack over parchment paper; drizzle cakes with glaze.
- Makes 6 small cakes
NotesThese little muffin-cakes are a favorite in my house as an after-school snack. I also like to have mine with tea.
From Martha Stewart Living Magazine
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More