- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 5 large tomatoes in 1 inch slices
- 12 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 3/4 cup green onion chopped
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- 1/4 cup grated parmigiana
- 1/3 cup graded asiago cheese
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper
- 8 tart shells
- Bake tart shells in 350 degree oven until lightly browned.
- Place tomatoes in colander in the sink 1 layer.
- Sprinkle with salt and allow to drain 15 minutes.
- Pat dry.
- Chop tomatoes into chunks.
- Pat lightly with paper towels.
- Mix tomatoes, basil and onion together, taste to see if you need to add more salt, add the pepper.
- Cover rim of tart shell with foil to keep from burning.
- Fill shells with mixture almost to the top about 3/4 full.
- Combine the cheeses and mayonnaise together.
- Spread mixture on top of tomatoes mounding it up.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove foil and bake until top is lightly browned about 5 to 10 more minutes.
- I put a little basil leaf on top to garnish.
NotesPaula made this as a regular size pie. That was a little to much to eat at one time. Left overs are ok but the crust gets soggy. So I made a few changes, and put it in those little frozen tart shells.
Update...I have since used refrigerated pie crust. Just cut rounds with a glass and bake in muffin tins. So much better than the tart shells.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More