- Cooking Time: 40
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1/2c cream
- 1/2c milk
- 1T melted butter
- 1/2c gruyere, grated
- 3 eggs
- 3 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- salt, pepper, cayenne and nutmeg to taste
- Preheat oven to 425-degrees.
- On lightly floured surface, divide pastry into 6 portions and form into balls.
- Roll out each ball into 6" round.
- Press each round into a custard cup/ramekin/4" quiche pan...be sure to fold in any overhang.
- Line shells with parchment, fill with pie weights (dried beans work well) and bake 10 minutes.
- Remove parchment and weaights, return to oven and bake until shells are golden approx 7-10minutes more.
- Reduce heat to 375-degrees.
- In a bowl whisk cream, milk, eggs, butter, cheese and spices.
- Divide bacon among pie shells, pour filling into shells.
- Bake until filling is set and puffed, and crust is golden.
- About 15-20minutes.
- Best served cool.
- You must SAVE this recipe
MidLife Road Trip's
Bombshell Approved: Fast, Simple, Satisfying
Delightful DessertsSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More